How To Get Indexed by Google in 1 Day
You have a new website and you want it to be popular as soon as possible. So, your website need to be found by people. How? Your website needs to be indexed by search engines, especially Google.
Michael Jensen shared his experience to get a new website indexed by Google in 1 Day, without spending any cent on AdWords. Here are the steps:
- Create 5 pages of content.
- Use a simple template with site-wide links. Linked from a relevant site that you owned.
- Tagged the new site on social bookmarking sites.
- Commented in forum, put the URL in a specific niche web directory, and submit to Digg.
- Install Google Analytics
- Create and submit sitemap to Google Webmaster Central. Ping Google, and put the sitemap URL in “robots.txt”.
Michael checked his new site exactly 24 hours later and it has been indexed!
Tips: For WordPress users, you can use the Google XML Sitemap plugin for the jobs in Step #6
My two cents
According to my previous experience, a high PageRank link to the new site is enough to get the site be indexed on the next day. The other steps are helpful to get more pages indexed.
So, have you got what’s important to get your site be indexed?
- Social bookmarking sites, Forum, Web Directory
- Sitemap, Ping
Many beginners know the first two – content and links – are important to get indexed and good ranking.
The latter two are always missed or not known. Social websites are very helpful to spread the word out. Sitemap helps search engine spiders to read your site. Pinging send a message of “Hey! My site is updated! Come visit my site!”.
If you haven’t started doing so, do it now. You will probably be surprised by the result on the next day!